There is a relatively new product that is sweeping the nation and is now finding a home in health food stores and the wellness sections of larger retailers. It is a natural remedy continually being studied for its effects on a wide range of illnesses and mental health disorders. Offered for sale in the form of many various products, its use is on the rise as people become aware of the considerable benefits from its use. In this short piece, we will discuss what this product is, the different ways of applying it and who can gain some relief from using it.
Introducing CBD Oil
CBD is the shortened name for Cannabidiol, one of over a hundred naturally occurring compounds found in the Cannabis plant. Before jumping to conclusions, CBD oil contains either very little or none of the psychoactive elements found in the host plant. Once extracted from the Cannabis plant, it is mixed with a plant oil such as coconut oil to form the end product. It is then manufactured into many different products, including skin balms, CBD vape liquids, and tasty edibles.
The Three Types of CBD Oil
There are three types of CBD oil in use today; they have different make-ups and contain different combinations of the compounds and concentrations found in the host plant; the three main types are –
- Full Spectrum CBD – this includes all parts of the Cannabis plant but must contain less than 0.3% of the psychoactive compound THC to be legal for sale.
- Broad Spectrum – this type of CBD oil contains all the compounds of the host plant except THC.
- Isolate CBD – this form is pure one hundred per cent CBD with no other parts of the Cannabis plant.
The medical and scientific studies are ongoing, but currently, no one form of CBD has been found to be more effective than the others. It comes down to personal experience and choice.
What Illnesses Are Affected by Using CBD Oil
As the amount of available data increases, the use of CBD oil continues to gain momentum in treating different disorders and illnesses. These include the following –
- CBD oil may help sufferers of chronic pain conditions such as arthritis, fibromyalgia multiple sclerosis to manage their symptoms.
- Using CBD oil can help with the symptoms of many mental health disorders, from anxiety and insomnia to PTSD and depression.
- CBD can alleviate cancer-related problems like nausea, vomiting and pain.
- CBD oil might benefit heart health, lower blood pressure, and increase arterial function.
- It also has the ability to treat neurological disorders such as epilepsy and MS.
This list is by no means full and complete. Please take some time to fully investigate one of many helpful online guides if you or a loved one has an illness that might benefit.
The Range of Available Products
CBD oil is now being formed into an increasing amount of varied products; they fall into five main groups: oils and tinctures, edibles, capsules, skin creams and balms, and vape liquids. The product is most easily absorbed by direct contact with the skin; drops placed under the tongue work best, while products swallowed take longer as they are first dissolved by stomach acid before being absorbed into the bloodstream.
If you were not aware of the benefits available through the use of CBD oil, hopefully, this short piece has sparked your interest. Find your local supplier of CBD oil today.